As the premier business sales and acquisitions firm in the region, The Hughes Group communicates weekly with Professional Investment Groups around the world seeking to purchase middle market businesses. These investment groups seek to invest money in privately-owned businesses, make investments in this market and are competing with each other for good purchases. We also work with corporate development executives looking for strategic add-ons to their companies. Having brokered the sale of more than 650 businesses since 1982, we represent diverse buyers and investors.
ur role is to manage the process in the sale of your business to create an efficient market. An efficient market means that your business is marketed to all the potential buyers. This includes not only the obvious potential buyers, but also buyers you might not initially consider–the improbable buyer for the sale. An efficient market increases the likelihood that you will get top dollar for your business. The creation of an efficient market is the key function We perform for you in the sale of your business.
To create the efficient market, we will:
- Emphasize the inherent value of your business to all of the potential buyers.
- Package and present your business for sale to all qualified buyers.
- Negotiate the best possible price with the best possible buyer.
Working with us makes sense.
- We will make you money through efficient marketing techniques. We emphasize the inherent value of your business by presenting your business for sale to potential buyers in an attractive and appealing manner. We know what is important to those wanting to buy, and we know how to package that information to culminate in a sale.
- We will lead you through the complex process of the sale of your business. We have been through the process many times and can be counted on for reasoned counsel. We are your dedicated advocate during negotiations and throughout the process of the sale.
- We will perform a myriad of activities that must take place during the marketing and sale of your business. We expedite, arbitrate, cajole, and do everything required to keep the sale on track.
- We will discreetly market your business. Confidentiality is essential and we work to place your business before the most logical prospects without them knowing your identity.
- We have superb client satisfaction and will present your business in a professional way to receive top dollar. Our negotiating skills are unparalleled in transacting the sale. The complete process in the sale of your business is no small matter. We have the expertise to move your business through the process to lead to the ultimate sale.
Now is the best time to sell.
If you have been considering the sale of your business sometime in the future, there are several market factors that make now the best time in which to sell.
- Mergers and acquisitions are booming – the result of nearly every U.S. industry reshaping itself to better compete in today’s global market.
- Companies are looking to acquisitions as the fastest path to growth – many buyers believe it to be more cost efficient to buy rather than to build sales.
- The stock market’s boom is raising the stock values of public companies – they are using their increased equity to fund transactions, and using these acquisitions to build sales and earnings to boost stock prices further.
- Prices of companies have risen to new heights – with the massive availability of money in the hands of public companies and private investment groups, prospective buyers are competing for good businesses and bidding up prices.
- Low interest rates and a liberal lending environment – banks are looking for new revenue sources and are aggressively pursuing merger and acquisition financing with reduced terms and relaxed requirements.
- The small business market ($1 – $50 million) dominates the business and sales acquisition activity – private investment groups, family offices, publicly held companies and high net worth individuals desire profitable businesses.
- This market for acquisitions will not continue forever – history has shown the economy to be cyclical and capital will not always be as plentiful as today.